5 Tips for Virtual Meeting Success
While many companies and businesses were trending toward virtual teams and virtual meeting, social distancing has suddenly made Tele and Video Conferencing our new way of life. When we are unable to bring people face to face, video is the next best thing to feeling like we’re in the same room. We all need to learn the skills to keep people engaged and to use this technology effectively. Teleconferencing and Video Meeting Transcription play an important role.
New world, new rules
We are all social creatures, and allowing co-workers to see each other’s reactions and facial expressions fosters a bond, and makes everything we do as a team more effective and fun! To facilitate productive meetings with remote employees, establish best practices:
- Set a firm start and end time, and send an agenda beforehand. Show up on time!
- It’s challenging to stay connected with your co-workers when everyone is in different locations. Allow a reasonable amount of time for colleagues to catch-up and engage in “water cooler” chat.
- Don’t try to multi-task. Typing, checking your email and taking copious notes is distracting. Teleconferencing and Video Meeting Transcription allows you to focus on what’s being said, not what to write. Less distraction = more brainstorming.
- Send out a transcript of the meeting. Perhaps some people weren’t able to attend due to a scheduling or time zone conflict, or maybe they experienced technical difficulties. Keep everyone on the same page about agendas, action items and follow ups.
- Finally, Teleconferencing and Video Meeting Transcription allow you to search for keywords and topics, like you would search your emails. Quickly and easily find what you’re looking for, and share that content with a link.
Whether for a weekly team huddle or a daily one-on-one, the use of virtual meetings are vital to keeping co-workers connected, and encouraging that collaboration and trust that builds a successful business. At FFTranscription we care about providing highly accurate transcripts of your calls and video meetings.
Since 2003, FFTranscription has been handling the transcription needs of thousands of businesses across the United States. With over 25 million minutes successfully transcribed for our happy clients, you too can reap the benefits of using transcription services. Contact us today and let us worry about the details so you can Focus Forward!